Thursday, February 08, 2007

In the Kitchen



A drawing I did yesterday. It was inspired by conversations I've been having and even though these conversations are not directly related to my childhood or even to my mother, somehow, I guess it brought stuff up.
I'm not trying to be unpleasant, just expressing certain truths. MY truths.
It was fun to work in pencil again. I haven't really drawn in such a long time.
Last night, as I lay in bed, unable to sleep as usual, I called on my mother to bring me a dream. "Where are you?", I asked, knowing her body is gone...but where is she?
Nothing.
Suddenly the bed began to move, to turn completely around. I really didn't want THIS kind of response from her. I didn't realize I had segued from awake to asleep, just like that. I got out of the bed and started to run away. Except I was running thru the streets of old New Orleans, where my mother was born.

No comments: