Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Blue Dream


This was a dream where I was trying to carry a baby across a street full of jagged shards of ice. In the gutter a frozen river. On the side, neighbors bore witness to my efforts, which seemed to be failing. I slipped and almost dropped the baby...but I didn't.
The street is my childhood home, where my mother died last year and which I never expect to see again. Except I am ALWAYS there in my dreams.
What was most notable was that the whole scene was in shades of blue.
I've been trying to sketch my dreams, without worrying about their perfection or finish. Just painted drawings on paper.

2 comments:

Chaska Peacock said...

Just as I thought! You ARE warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Unknown said...

To Living Out Loud: I know where you live. Watch what you say.