Wednesday, December 30, 2009
After almost a whole year, I finally finished Too Many Angels. Having taken so long and kind of lost my way with it, I changed the color schemes several times. I finally settled on this palette.
I would have liked to have called it Poking Angels, in honor of my new interest in Facebook (I still don't know what poking is) but I'm sticking to my first choice for title.
A sad song by the same name, sung by Jackson Browne:
Too Many Angels
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Last week I had another Wallpaper job. I thought I'd show you what before and after look like. The two panels don't line up on the left and here's my corrections on the right. This was an easy job because the design was blobby to begin with. I call it a mamogram design. It wasn't all just black and white though. I had to mix in some raw umber to get a warm grey and in some places (not shown) add a dark thalo blue.
I love my job...WHEN it goes well.
Friday, December 18, 2009
I decided to do some drawings of Wil is his last week. Here's a 'realistic' one, done using a graph from a photo.
But I think I like the rougher painting sketch that I did. Here I've given him a centerpiece as if he was a medieval statue with a relic in his chest.
Friday, December 11, 2009
I finally have gotten back to work. This is something I started earlier this year "Too Man Angels". Right now, there really aren't enough angels but I'd like to complete the idea anyway. I got off to a bad start...see ugly grey winged beasties, but I think I'm back on track with this color scheme.